Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sangria, Spokes, & Spanish Sun

Thursday afternoon we all headed from Milan to Barcelona for a weekend in the warm, Spanish sun! I was really excited to experience Spain and to actually use my Spanish I learned in high school!

Thursday night we headed to a tapas bar for appetizers and sangria!





Friday we embarked on our tour around the city...on bikes! It was about a 4 hour tour riding throughout the city and seeing the sights. It was more fun than I thought - I am so glad we did it!













After the tour, we went to Park Guell. Park Guell is a garden complex with architectural elements by Antoni Gaudi. Let me tell you, Gaudi is an amazing artist and arcitect. I love his work!











And, ended the day with a paella dinner by the beach...perfecto!







Saturday Mary Hester and I got up early and explored the city ourselves.

We went to the Dali museum - his art is very interesting and fantastical.









We wondered down to Las Ramblas and La Boqueria and had a great time people watching and walking around the markets.













Lunch by the marina...







Then, we went to the Pablo Picasso museum and it was great! What a talented man, Senor Pablo was...



"Give me a museum and I'll fill it." -Pablo Picasso

We ended our Spanish holiday with a Flamenco show! Olay!







"Youth has no age." -Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment