Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ephesian for a Day

One of my favorite books of the Bible is Ephesians. I love the richness of Truth the apostle Paul writes to the people of Ephesus. I was thrilled to be able to walk the streets Paul walked. I daydreamed about what it would be like to attend the "house churches" in togas and sandals compared to my dress and heels. I thought about listening to Paul preach in the open air colosseum in comparsion to my roofed church sanctuary. I imagined reading the letter from Paul to me as an Ephesian. And...centuries later, the Truth is still relevant and applicable to me as an American college student. (Which shows us how timeless God's Word is!)

Here is a pictoral "tour" of my afternoon in Ephesus.












Beautiful mosaic sidewalks


I am sitting on the outdoor toliets used for socializing. Yeah, strange.










Etched in this marble table is what looks like a game board...Ephesian family game night, anyone?


Painting on the walls as room decor




The library


Inside of the library


The Colosseum





Until next time...
"Peace to you, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love." Ephesians 6:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment